In the Japanese version he's voiced by Junko Takeuchi as a child in his original show, Digimon Frontier & Yūki Kaji as a teenager.
In the Filipino version he is voiced by Bryan Homecillo who also voices Kai Mikawa from My Bride is a Mermaid.
Takuya is a young man with a muscular body, lightly tanned skin, brown hair and orange eyes. He wears the traditional Seidoukan Academy uniform for males.
Dante (魔術師): Takuya mainly attacks by gathering his prana to create fire based attacks. The image he uses when using his Dante abilities are martial arts, flowers same as Julis-Alexia von Riessfeld's & uppercuts which is because of an experience with Stella Vermillion about them. He combines these with his Scarlet Spears, & later the Nova Spina same as Julis, to great effect. Takuya begins his moves by saying Bloom (咲き誇れ) or Open (綻べ) for his traps. During his duel with both Cure Blossom & Stella Vermillion, he is shown to use a move that begins with Flourish (華めけ), though it is unknown if it falls under the previous two categories or if it's a new category of its own.
- Tornado Flame (トルネードフレイム): In performing this attack, Takuya crouches low and raises his left hand behind him to let his left hand flare up, and then gives his opponent a flaming uppercut.
- Shoryureppa (昇龍裂破): A series of two or three Shoryukens that progressively cause more and more damage to an opponent with each hit.
- Shinryuken (神龍拳): A Shoryuken that corkscrews vertically into the air, causing a vacuum effect that sucks in the opponent and strikes multiple times.
- Metsu Shoryuken (滅・昇龍拳): A legendary version of the move seen in the Street Fighter story, when Takuya was near defeat during the first Street Fighter tournament. Two different variations are seen in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter IV.
- Shin Shoryuken (真・昇龍拳): The strongest non-lethal known variant of the Shoryuken, only known and used by Takuya.
- Souryuken (双龍拳): A powerful pair of Shoryuken made at the same time which is strong enough to nearly kill an opponent. It was used by Lester & Takuya in the crossover Asterisk War Frontier.
- Shoryuken (昇龍拳): is a special attack in the Street Fighter series used by Takuya, Ryu, Ken, and other Characters that use the same style.
- Takuya Smash (拓也ぶっ倒す): A Strongest Dante Technique when Takuya Jumps in the air and comes back down hard doing radial damage then he leaps into the air and comes back down doing massive radial damage.
- Pyro Punch (Burning Salamander): Unleashes a blazing dragon from the Burning Wrists.
- Pyro Tornado (Salamander Break): Unleashes a whirlwind kick of flames.
- Pyro Darts (Fire Darts): Throws small bits of fire at his target from his gauntlet.
- Pyro Tornado (Crimson Knuckle): Performs a punch.
- Fire Dash
- Fire Slide
- Elbow Drop
- Burning Slider: Performs a punch and follows with a sliding strike.
- Voltic Strike: Performs a flaming kick.
- Blaze Shoot: Performs a kick in the air.
- Blaze Gust: Performs a kick in the air.
- Salaman Rider Kick: Performs a flaming jump kick.
- Gatling Burst: Performs a series of rapid-fire punches.
- Million Gatling Burst: Continues a series of rapid-fire punches.
- Pyro Barrage (Corona Blaster): Fires lasers that rival a solar heat ray from the Rudriya Darpaṇa.
- Atomic Corona Blaster: Fires a prolonged barrage of lasers from the Rudriya Darpaṇa.
- Wildfire Tsunami (Flame Storm): Sets its whole body aflame, then releases a high-temperature tornado by flapping the Fire Wings.
- Fire Below
- Tail Whip
- Burning Grey Basher (Inferno)
- Wildfire Tsunami (Inferno Wildfire)
- Crimson Fanger: Performs a charging tackle.
- Salamander Glide: Glides through the air, hitting anything in its path.
- Drag Fanger: Performs a charging tackle while covered in flames.
- Solar Wind Destroyer (Brahmashira): Enhances the holy flames of its "DigiCore" to their utmost limit, then personally manufactures the high temperature and high density core of the sun, before detonating it.
- Atomic Inferno (Brahmastra): High-speed rapid-fires the extremely high-temperature shots it unleashes from the Rudriya Darpaṇa.
- Dragonfire Crossbow (炎龍撃): Fires arrows from the Ryūgonken, whose flames are so intense that they become a white light.
- Pyro Dragons (九頭龍陣): Releases the eight dragon's veins dwelling within Gaia, then becomes the final dragon itself and pulverizes the opponent with the Ryūgonken.
- Hikuzuryūjin (飛九頭龍陣): Slashes downward with the Ryūgonken in the air.
- Ryūgonken (龍魂剣): Slashes with the Ryūgonken.
- Dragon Crusher
- Enjin (焔刃): Slashes with the Ryūgonken.
- Kūenjin (空焔刃): Slashes with the Ryūgonken in the air.
- Hayate Homura (疾風焔): Performs a lunging slash with the Ryūgonken.
- Rengokukenbu (煉獄剣舞): Performs a dashing lunge with the Ryūgonken.
- Ni no Mai (二の舞): Performs a second slash after Rengokukenbu.
- San no Mai (三の舞): Performs a third slash after Ni no Mai.
- Longiflorum (ロンギフローラム): Takuya waves his weapons to create large whitish red colored spears of fire along the path his weapon passed through. The longiflorum shaped spears then fly at the opponent with a force similar to rockets. The shape of the spears can be changed to increase speed, and it can also be used without his weapons. In the anime, the spears are of an orange color.
- Amaryllis (アマリリス): Takuya summons a huge fireball in front of him and shoots it towards the target. It can be made to explode by saying Explode (爆ぜろ). This is considered his best publicly known move and the size is alterable.
- Red Crown (レッドクラウン): Takuya creates a pentagonal flower similar to a parasol that is able to brush objects aside.
- Antirrhinum Majus (アンテリナム・マジェス): Takuya waves weapon to create a magic circle along the path his weapon passed through. A fierce wave of heat emanates from the magic circle before a dragon made of fire bursts through. It is one of Julis' trump cards, therefore making it rare for anyone to see it. It also takes much of her concentration to control it.
- Strelitzia (ストレリーティア): Takuya creates multiple wings made of fire on himself or an ally by concentrating his prana.
- Strelitzia Petty (ストレリーティア・ペティ): A limited version of Strelitzia, Takuya creates multiple wings made of fire on his ankles. It specializes in instantaneous acceleration and uses less prana.
- Livingstone Daisy (リビングストンデージー): Takuya creates fire around her that rises into the air like a tornado. The fire then turns into a bladed disc of fire that spins at a high speed. The disc then flies at the opponent while emitting sparks.
- Anthurium (アンスリウム): Takuya creates a shield of fire.
- Primrose (プリムローズ): Takuya creates fire around him that turns into nine fireballs that look like primroses. The fireballs are able to attack the opponent from all sides. The chant Flames of Trochia, pass the walls and burn away the nine calamities (トロキアの炎よ 城壁を超え 九つの災禍を焼き払え) can be added for fanservice.
- Amaryllis Duo Flos (アマリリス・デュオフロース): Takuya creates a small ball of fire in each of her hands. He then launches them into the air to create fireworks.
- Ranunculus (ラナンキュロス): Takuya swings his weapons down to create several waves of fire that spread out from his position. He can continuously create waves as long as she maintains it. It is a defensive move and therefore doesn't have that much power.
- Alexandrit (アレクサンドリート): Takuya claims that this move adds fire around a weapon.
- Anemone Coronaria (アネモネ・コロナリア): Takuya raises both hands in the air to create a gigantic flower made of flames. He then lowers his hands to make it fall on his opponent. It is similar to a miniature sun and is capable of letting out scorching heat that people quite a distance away can feel.
- Anthurium Multi Flos (アンスリウム・マルチフロース): Takuya creates multiple shields of fire.
- Grevillea (グレビレア): Takuya creates countless ten meter long pillars of fire.
- Moss Phlox (モスフロックス): Using Nova Spina, Takuya spreads his prana across a wide area, creating small flashes of red light that burn anything that come into contact with it. This move is mentioned to only be possible because of Nova Spina.
- Ixora Chinensis (イクソラ・キネンシス): Takuya swings Nova Spina, creating a large amount of fist sized bullets of fire that rain down on the opponent with random movements.
- Gaillardia (ガイラルディア): Takuya raises Nova Spina in the air, creating a disc of fire ten times the size of one of Livingstone Daisy's discs.
- Oncidium Sharry (オンキディウム・シャーリー): Takuya creates an illusion of himself made of fire similar to Shenyun's own.
- Honeysuckle (ハニーサックル): Takuya creates magic circles that launch spears of fire like rockets.
- Impatiens (インパチェンス): Takuya creates a flock of birds made of fire that attack his opponent, block their view, and can burn things within the vicinity.
- Erythrina (エリスリナ): Takuya creates several blades of fire to attack his opponent.
- Spiranthes (スピランセス): Takuya creates drills of fire that attack his opponent.
- Nerium Oleander (ネリウム・オレアンダー): Takuya creates a giant double petaled flower of fire that envelops his opponent and explodes.
- Rose Odysseia (ローズ・オデュッセイア): Takuya creates a small but powerful red rose between him and his opponent that explodes.
- Gloriosa (グロリオーサ): Takuya causes a magic circle to appear underneath his opponent that creates a pillar of fire. Four others pillars to the front, back, left, and right are also created, making it similar to being trapped in the sharp claws of a large monster.
- Semiseratta (セミセラータ): Takuya causes a magic circle to appear underneath his opponent that he initially placed before. It creates a huge/large camellia made of flames above his opponent which explodes as it falls.
- Rafflesia (ラフレシア): Takuya causes a twenty-meter long magic circle to appear underneath his opponent. A large flower made of fire bulges out while a deafening noise sounds. A blast the size of a storm blows about and the heat can reach people far away. Rafflesia requires a large amount of prana and takes a while to set up.
- Loropetalum (ロロペタルム): Takuya causes a long wall of fire to appear from the ground which is capable of extending across the Sirius Dome arena. It is ten meters high and can't be seen through. Takuya can open a section of the wall if she wishes to. The wall takes a considerable amount of prana to maintain.
- Rafflesia Duo Flos (ラフレシア・デュオフロース): Takuya causes a multi layered magic circle to appear underneath his opponent and causes it to explode. It is powerful enough to destroy the ground and melt snow, making it seem like the blast area was in summer.
- Orchid Cactus (オーキッドカクタス): Takuya creates a huge Epiphyllum flower made of fire in the air that is used to combat aerial attacks.
- Gomphrena (ゴンフレーナ): Takuya creates petals made of fire that envelop his opponent, trapping them inside heat waves.
- Phlox Subulata (フロックス・スプラータ): Takuya creates a huge field of small flowers made of fire around his opponent.
- Dicentra (ディセントラ): Takuya creates short swords made of fire above his opponent that rain down on them.
- Lycoris Radiata (リコリス・ラディアータ): Takuya stabs Scarlet Spears into the ground, creating red spider lilies at his opponent's feet to attack. They are able to inflict poison that makes it hard for his opponent to breathe.
- King of the Night (キング・オブ・ザ・ナイト): While the move itself wasn't shown, when Takura used this in Cure Blossom's training area, the surrounding area was described to be burnt away, exposing the earth beneath, and Cure Blossom's clothes were burnt. In addition to that, numerous spell tags were attached to Takuya's body, and when some of them flared up, Cure Blossom timmediately replaced them with new ones. According to Cure Blossom, one mistake with this move could potentially cost Takuya his & Julis' lives. Takuya can only use this once per festa, as using it wears down his stamina, mind, and prana to the limit, making one of his opponents unable to fight in the next match if he wins.
Genestellar (星脈世代): As a Genestellar, Takuya has enhanced physical ability and an aura known as prana.Gallery